Company-Wide Environmental Management
At Greer Steel, we recognize the importance of environmental responsibility. We plan the use of natural resources wisely through a company-wide environmental management system that includes:
- Continual operational improvements to ensure the most efficient use of energy
- Pollution prevention and emission control measures
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and other requirements
- Increased efficiency and reduced waste in the business process
- Employee involvement and training in recycling and environmental stewardship
- ISO 14001 certification
We are proud to prioritize environmental concerns when we plan investments, manage our energy use, and monitor our emissions. In many ways, being an environmentally responsible company is just good business. All of us want to reduce waste and be efficient with our materials and the energy we use to power our plants.
ISO 14001:2015 Certified
The Greer Steel Metallurgical Laboratory is recognized for successful completion of the A2LA evaluation process. Accreditation is granted for tests on plain carbon, alloy, and stainless steels.