Job Description: Our manufacturing facility is seeking to add talented production employees to our operations in Dover, Ohio. The scope of this role is to assist in the production of product for multiple industries including but not limited to the automotive, hand tool, and aerospace industries in a safe and efficient manner that expands on Greer Steel’s 106 year legacy of being a premium cold rolled strip steel producer.
Employees in this position will be required to troubleshoot, inspect, and maintain industrial equipment and buildings that will enable the facility to operate at the highest performance level while maintaining a safe work environment. Job applicants with a working knowledge of rigging, welding/cutting, pneumatics, hydraulics, pipe fitting, rough carpentry, and other related mechanical tasks are preferred.
Employees in this position will be required to troubleshoot, install, and maintain industrial equipment and buildings that will enable the facility to operate at the highest performance level while maintaining a safe work environment. Applicants with a knowledge of PLC’s, motor controls, digital drives, circuits, and electricity are preferred.
- Must have a minimum of three years of mechanical experience or equivalent with the ability to read blueprints and schematics
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good verbal communication skills plus basic computer and math skills are required
- Must be able to work rotating shifts
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to pass pre-employment interview, background check, drug screening and entry exam
- Must have basic knowledge of hand tools
- Must be willing to train and operate forklifts and other mobile equipment
- Must be willing to train on other job classes
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Work weekends and overtime when required
- Health & Dental Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays, 401K
- Competitive pay starting at a minimum of $24.87/hour
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Greer Steel Company will also provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: 1 Boat Street, Dover, OH 44622